The Latest Buzz
- This Buzz for You: Noah & the Whale, Heart of Nowhere
- PHILADELPHIA FOLK FESTIVAL LINEUP ANNOUNCED
- And Then There Were None...
- Musicians and Fans: Pheed!
- Cirque de la P!nk : Pink's Truth About Love Tour Review (Philadelphia)
- Festivals 2013: An Observation On Representation
- The Buzz About 2012 - Our Favorite Music
- Bee Well: In Support of Honeybees
- Ten Random Pop Culture Musings
- Ani DiFranco at The Keswick Theatre
Spring Forward...and Summer is Around the Corner
First let me apologize for not posting sooner. Things have been in high gear
A few things/updates...
1. True friends never fail.
I spent the Memorial Day Weekend in Asheville, NC with some of my closest
friends from college. We've known one another since the late 80s and we've been
through so much together and individually in those 20+ years. One thing holds
true...we will always be friends. We may not fundamentally agree on every issue,
but I know that these women support me 110%. I am forever grateful our paths
crossed in college. Here are a few photos from the weekend.
Sunset at The Biltmore Estate
View from The Grove Park Inn
Hot tub at our Spa with a mountain view
2. Brandi Carlile's new album, Bear Creek, comes out on June 5th. She turns 31 on June 1st. Going to be a big year for her and us. Cant wait to share details about her charitable foundation, The Looking Out Foundation, and the changes she is making so that her fans and the band can be empowered to advocate for causes on the local, national and international level. So excited to see this foundation evolve into one of "action" v. one that simply filters funds to causes. Check out Brandi's new album. I am anxious to hear what you think of it. The band took some risks stylistically that some may not expect. Lyrically this album is their strongest. Just my two cents!
3. Summer season is fast-approaching and my life is about to get INSANELY busy. Luckily I love my job and find my work rewarding and inspiring. Not sure most people can say that about their jobs. I am so lucky and grateful. Our organization had its first Community Day and we had a great turnout. I made s'mores from 10am-2pm and the families and kids loved it. As for me, I could never eat another s'more again and be just fine. See a recap of our Community Day here http://www.vfes.net/first-community-day-a-great-success.
Another event that I was so excited about was our first Mother's Day Weekend
Retreat which offered a valuable respite for moms and families of kids with
special needs. We had 27 campers, ages 10-20, who had a blast at Camp HOPE's
90-acre property. See a recap here http://www.vfes.net/a-mothers-day-first-at-vfes
and link to local media coverage of it here http://www.vfes.net/giving-moms-a-break-for-mothers-day.
Did I mention that I love my job?
I love the Life is Good motto and live by it: Do what you love. Love what you
The season finale made me weepy, but I was frustrated (yet again) by the power
the writers give to the male characters - particularly Finn. Not sure if
everyone has seen this season's finale, but I must say I was underwhelmed by the
lack of story time they gave to Santana and to Brittany and to
Santittany/Brittana. Don't get me started. I do love the Graduation Glee album,
though. Great song choices. What say you, TBA Gleeks?
5. Cayamo 2013 - check it out! We will be on the boat this go 'round after not
going in 2012! For more info, visit www.cayamo.com!This cruise is like a music
festival on the water, but without the port-o-johns, muddy mosh pits,
sweaty/stinky fans. So, much fun!