The Latest Buzz
- This Buzz for You: Noah & the Whale, Heart of Nowhere
- PHILADELPHIA FOLK FESTIVAL LINEUP ANNOUNCED
- And Then There Were None...
- Musicians and Fans: Pheed!
- Cirque de la P!nk : Pink's Truth About Love Tour Review (Philadelphia)
- Festivals 2013: An Observation On Representation
- The Buzz About 2012 - Our Favorite Music
- Bee Well: In Support of Honeybees
- Ten Random Pop Culture Musings
- Ani DiFranco at The Keswick Theatre
Concert Buzz: Allen Stone
Adorned in a unique sweater, oversized clear plastic glasses, and his signature curly blonde stringy hair, Allen Stone delivered one of the most energetic R&B, bluesy soul performances I’ve witnessed in years at One Eye Jack’s in New Orleans, LA on May 3, 2012.
Artists often do not like to be categorized, e.g. folk, blues, singer-songwriter. “Music is music,” we always hear proclaimed. Allen Stone’s soulful vocals don’t define him as much as his energetic performance, and ultimate audience-performer connection.
Part revival, an Allen Stone concert is pure soul. Expect to be on your feet, and in the next moment sighing, swaying, and singing along in your seat as Allen woos with a cover of “Killing Me Softly.”
Visit Allen Stone’s website to listen to a track or two. Best of all for those in the US, Allen is touring nationwide. He is in Philadelphia at one of The Buzz About’s favorite venues (World Cafe Live) on May 7, and makes his way cross country to the West Coast in early September.
Find tour dates and have a listen at: http://www.allenstone.com/
If music is known to heal, prepare to be cured at an Allen Stone concert. - The Buzz About