The Latest Buzz
- Periscope: The New 'Must Watch' Social Media App
- Buzz: Staff Favorite Albums of 2014
- On the Shelf: Thirst by Kerry Hudson
- On the Shelf: The Great and Calamitous Tale of Johan Thoms by Ian Thornton
- Suzy and The Swizzle Sticks Debut
- PonoMusic: We Hear You Loud & Not So Loud, But Clear
- SXSW 2014: Musicians to Watch
- This Buzz for You: Elizabeth & the Catapult, Like It Never Happened
- Grammy 2014 Predictions: Who Will Win vs. Who Should Win
- Favorite Albums 2013: Special Edition
On Feb. 12th biologists the world over will celebrate Charles Darwin's 200th birthday.
"On the Origin of Species" a mere 150 years old, is hailed as one of the greatest works in the history of the sciences. Public opinion surveys reveal most of our countrymen have great doubts about the truth of Darwin's Theory. Among them are prominent politicians and recent presidents. The public's inclination is a sign of a dismal attitude toward science, and a blind stubbornness in responding to evidence. Among the leading evolutionary geneticists, Jerry Coyne's book "Why Evolution is True" is designed to present evidence in a way that might convince those who might be seduced by creationists who advertise the charms of intelligent design. I recommend the book "Why Evolution is True," and always an open mind!
Till next time,