The Latest Buzz
- Erin McKeown Celebrates The Holiday Season With An Anti-Holiday Tour!
- Most Buzz Worthy of 2013: Halfway
- THE ISLE OF YOUTH, LAURA VAN DEN BERG (Book Preview)
- This Buzz for You: Joy Kills Sorrow, Wide Awake (EP)
- This Buzz for You: Noah & the Whale, Heart of Nowhere
- PHILADELPHIA FOLK FESTIVAL LINEUP ANNOUNCED
- And Then There Were None...
- Musicians and Fans: Pheed!
- Cirque de la P!nk : Pink's Truth About Love Tour Review (Philadelphia)
- Festivals 2013: An Observation On Representation
On Feb. 12th biologists the world over will celebrate Charles Darwin's 200th birthday.
"On the Origin of Species" a mere 150 years old, is hailed as one of the greatest works in the history of the sciences. Public opinion surveys reveal most of our countrymen have great doubts about the truth of Darwin's Theory. Among them are prominent politicians and recent presidents. The public's inclination is a sign of a dismal attitude toward science, and a blind stubbornness in responding to evidence. Among the leading evolutionary geneticists, Jerry Coyne's book "Why Evolution is True" is designed to present evidence in a way that might convince those who might be seduced by creationists who advertise the charms of intelligent design. I recommend the book "Why Evolution is True," and always an open mind!
Till next time,