The Latest Buzz
- On the Shelf: The Life and Loves of Lena Gaunt by Tracy Farr
- On the Shelf: Nelly Dean by Alison Case
- Stream Ellie Goulding's Unstaged Performance
- Idina Menzel's Worldwide Tour Stops In Philadelphia
- VIDEO PREMIERE + 7 More Badass Covers of Ode to Billie Joe, Presented on the Third of June
- Periscope: The New 'Must Watch' Social Media App
- Buzz: Staff Favorite Albums of 2014
- On the Shelf: Thirst by Kerry Hudson
- On the Shelf: The Great and Calamitous Tale of Johan Thoms by Ian Thornton
- Suzy and The Swizzle Sticks Debut
Paul Michael & The Blues Recruits
Last night I stopped by Steel City Coffeehouse to catch a former coworker's band, Paul Michael & The Blues Recruits. Their MySpace page describes them as "a rockin' Blues Band with a nod to 60's Rock'n'Roll. A half-cup Buddy Guy, a teaspoon Boz Scaggs, a taste of Old Blues classics, a little bit Mayall, a pinch Stones and Classic American and British Rock with a shake of R&B."
They put on a great show! Their lead guitarist, Dave Kupperman, tore it up. People were dancing in front of the coffee bar and having a great time. Check out Paul Michael & The Blues Recruits - you won't be disappointed. Just another reason to spend some time in Phoenixville. Word on the street is that Phoenixville is the "New Manayunk."